Founded in 2008, Liberty Technology offers Managed IT services, Collaboration, Internet access and telecom, technology product sales, phone systems, and technical consulting for the South Atlanta metro area and beyond‐‐basically, we help businesses stay connected in every possible sense. We are looking for a dedicated Field Data Technician with Low Voltage experience that holds our passion of Advancing Freedom Through Technology.
· Ability to properly install and route CAT5e, CAT6, and Fiber Optic cable
· Experience with cable routing, terminating, and troubleshooting
· Installing Wireless APs, Switches, other networking, A/V, or Low Voltage equipment.
· Installing support structures (ladder racks, j-hooks)
· Must be comfortable working on lifts (scissor and boom lifts)
· Experience with extending, troubleshooting, and maintaining data circuits & telephone lines
· Set up computer hardware, install and customize software applications used in telecommunications
· Projects and services could include but are not limited to Phone Systems, Structured Cabling Systems, Computer Networking Systems, Access Control, IP Video Surveillance, and A/V Systems in commercial, retail, hospitality, new construction, and retrofit environments.
· Familiarity with troubleshooting and maintaining systems listed above
· Perform detailed and accurate site surveys for clients
· Maintains a safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations
· Other Duties as assigned
· Ability to work on call as assigned
· Ability to lift 40+ pounds as needed
· Ability to travel as needed (MILEAGE PAID)
· Minimum 2+ year’s experience in installation/maintenance of voice, data and video systems in a commercial environmen
· Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
· Ability to diagnose and solve basic technical issues
· Solid written and verbal communications skills
· Ability to work independently and productively without constant supervision
· Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
· Attitude and Aptitude are key! We need someone who is eager to learn and comes to work ready to tackle any situation.
· A heart for helping customers solve problems.
· Ability to work in structured cabling environments (work from ladders, lifts, and in confined spaces)
· Ability to use hand and power tools
· Must be flexible to work various shifts
· MUST HAVE a valid driver license and clean motor vehicle record
All our team members are based at our Griffin office, which has an open, collaborative vibe. Every team member gets new, high‐quality computing and communications gear that'll stand up to the work you need to perform. You'll get all the tools you'll need to do a killer job.
While we work hard, we definitely also play hard. We have a pool table, dart board, giant scrabble game, weight room and gaming systems to help you wind down after hours or during breaks. And most importantly, we pride ourselves as a company with excellent teamwork.
What do we bring to the table?
This is a full‐time, permanent position. Liberty Technology offers a full compensation package including health and retirement benefits. Once you have met minimum requirements, you can expect: